IACUC Electronic Application Submission
Welcome to the IACUC Electronic Application Submission webpage!
This submission webpage is a web interface that allows researchers to submit new and 3-year protocols electronically to the IACUC for review.
Before you begin:
- Review the application instructions.
- Review the Application Preparation Checklist and use it as a guide to protocol preparation.
- Download the application form to your personal computer.
- Review the application to determine which appendices are applicable to your research.
- Prepare the Protocol Narrative (Sections 1-9), then the Application (Sections A-L), all required appendices and any supplemental documentation.
- Complete and save all documents using unique and meaningful file names (version dates are recommended).
Instructions for Submission:
- To access the file upload system below you will need to log in using your UCINetID and password.
- Once the upload is complete, a confirmation e-mail that includes a tracking number will be sent to the Lead Researcher. A second email will be sent once your application is entered into the IACUC database which will contain the official protocol identification number.
- After submission, print out one hard copy of the IACUC Application including all required appendices. Route this document to obtain the original signatures of the Lead Researcher, Faculty Sponsor (if required) and Department Chairman, then submit to:
UCI Office of Research
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
5171 California Avenue, Suite 150
Irvine, CA 92697-7600
The status of your protocol can be tracked online.
If you have any questions, please call the Office of Research (949) 824-8664, (949) 824-8984 or (949) 824-8170; or send an e-mail to IACUC@uci.edu.
Please click here to begin the transfer process.